Sunday, February 19, 2012

Vault 106: OPI DS Coronation Cracked

directly under a full spectrum lamp
This is three coats of the lovely and elegant OPI DS Coronation. It's essentially large fleck holographic pigment in a clear base. As you can see, it's not a linear holo. I suppose it's similar to the China Glaze Kaleidoscopes, but a cousin not a sibling. As some of you may know, there were two different holo pigments used in OPI Designer Series polishes - linear and non-linear, and they seem to use each in the same color bases. For example, Coronation is to Shimmer what Fantasy is to Glamour. I'll have to do a swatch post of my DSs someday, to show what I mean. Regardless, the holo (both linear and non-linear) DS polishes are all old/discontinued and hard-to-find, but SO gorgeous! If you ever stumble across any, BUY THEM! You won't regret it!
lightbox
Gorgeous as Coronation is, when I found a new-to-me brand with this gorgeous purple crackle, I had to try it out! This is one coat Nabi New Purple crack with topcoat. It's less blue in real life.
I found Nabi polishes in a little neighborhood discount clothing boutique, and needless to say, I bought a bunch. They were only $1.50 each, even the crackles, which is still the cheapest crackle I've ever seen.
Are you sick of crackles yet? I'm not, mostly because I use them somewhat rarely, and they're still really useful for covering up tipwear and other manicure sins, regardless of trends. I'm not buying many more, just because I have a nice selection, but I will continue to use the ones I have. Honestly, I'm more sick of everyone else saying 'I'm so over crackle'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback, so please share what's on your mind. For questions or requests, you can also use my Formspring.me in the sidebar. Thanks for reading!