Monday, February 27, 2012

Justice Has Magnetics!

I wandered into Justice for the first time today, to see if they had nail polish. The saleslady approached and asked what I was looking for, and when I told her, she said "Oh, we just got some magnetic polishes - they're still in the back, let me go get them!" Yay! She brings them out and tells me that they hadn't figured out how they work yet, so I happily demo'd them for the staff, mostly through the glass bottle (yep, this works, just hold the magnet against the glass for a few seconds and you'll get the design inside the bottle).
From what I found, these come in five colors and have two designs - star and stripes. I'm really excited to find the star design, because I haven't seen the China Glazes locally and it seems like the trend for this era of magnetic polish is mostly stripes or waves. These have removable caps, and the magnet covers the entire top, with magnets strong enough to pull the designs quickly. Minor complaints include: these don't have that nifty little ledge to rest against your cuticle like some others, no markings on the magnet to show orientation of the design and the small bottles (only 0.25 oz). Oh, and a pet peeve: no names on the polishes. Boo!
Not the best swatches, because I'm still at the bottom of the learning curve for magnetics, but these should give you an idea of color. My favorite is the burgundy one, 2nd from the right. It's hard to see in my photo, but it has red glitter! So pretty! They're all nice, and I don't think there's any dupes to other brands, as far as I know. Definitely worth hunting down, if you can. Bonus: today everything in the store was 40% off! Happy hunting!
Are you excited about the magnetic trend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback, so please share what's on your mind. For questions or requests, you can also use my Formspring.me in the sidebar. Thanks for reading!