Thursday, April 7, 2011

China Glaze Island Escape Review

Today I have the China Glaze Summer 2011 collection for your viewing pleasure. Nothing stood out application-wise - they were all well-behaved. I did two coats for all, just to be consistent. The two creams are very well-pigmented and opaque in two, but the jellies are pretty sheer, so another coat or an 'underwear' polish would be needed if you dislike sheers. I think three of the jellies have the 'glass fleck' that China Glaze is so well-known for, because the glitter isn't completely uniform in size. It has the effect of tiny, irregular flakes, and dries as smooth as glass. I love the shiny, 'squishy' look they have, and paired with glass fleck, it's a homerun for me! This whole rainbow just screams summer to me.
108 Degrees. Sheer berry pink jelly with pink microglitter. Very pretty and sparkly, and perfect for summer.
Papaya Punch. True orange cream, bright but not neon. To my eye, this is an exact rainbow orange, and neutral enough to be flattering for most people, I think. It doesn't pull too yellow or red, and is perfectly opaque in two coats.
Electric Pineapple. An odd, green-leaning dusty-ish yellow. My camera apparently can't handle yellows very well. I tried to color-correct a bit, but in real life this polish is still more yellow than my pic makes it look. I don't have OPI Fiercely Fiona to compare, but I think it might be similar. Definitely not pineapple-colored, though, so I don't quite get the name. Smiley
Cha Cha Cha. Pretty sheer grass green jelly with gold shimmer, not quite as bright as it looks here. The gold shimmer is the star of this show, and the shimmer is more old-school style than glass-fleck, so it's a little brush-strokey. It reminds me of Zoya Midori, so I'll have to do a comparison.
Blue Iguana. Sheer bright blue jelly with blue microglitter. I added a third coat on my ring finger here. Now, I could pretend that it was to show you that the color is buildable. But that would be fibbing. Really, it was to cover a smudge I managed to inflict during swatching. But look at how buildable the color is! Smiley
Senorita Bonita. Beautiful red-based purple jelly with pink microglitter. I think this is my favorite, even though it's sheer. The pink sparkle is just so pretty in the sun, and I'm such a sucker for purple!

Disclosure: Product samples were provided by China Glaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback, so please share what's on your mind. For questions or requests, you can also use my Formspring.me in the sidebar. Thanks for reading!