Sunday, January 3, 2010

Merry Midnight Moon

Happy New Year! May 2010 be your best year ever.
I wish I had some good New Year's Eve party stories to tell, but I'm kinda boring that way. Hubby and I just stayed home and hung out, as usual. We did stay up til midnight, though, just to say we did. :)
Neat little factoid: there was a blue moon on New Year's Eve, and that only happens once every 19 years, so I thought that was cool enough for a little nail stamping tribute.

I used 2 coats of OPI Merry Midnight, and stamped with Essie Steel-ing the Scene, because it was a little sheer, and it totally reminded me of the real moon's color. It was really subtle IRL, and I really liked it for that.


This is the fauxnad plate I used. FYI, this m27 is NOT the same as the Konad M27 plate. I am planning to post about these plates when I finally make my light box and can take decent (read: non-reflective) photos of them. I really had to do contortions with this, so neither my camera nor my light source would be in the pic. ;P

This is pre-stamping, in full sun (sunny window), because the stamped photos look a little VERY washed out. This is much closer to the real color, even if I didn't manage to capture all the flaky goodness.

Here's some good flake-age. Nom! Yes, those are awesome blue flecks in there, too!
(FYI, all photos are clickable to enlarge.)
I wore Merry Midnight's sister, Shim-merry Chic, for Thanksgiving, and I have to mention that both are fantastic. If anyone's curious, the base color for SC is exactly the color of turkey gravy, and for MM, it's grape juice. That totally made me laugh when I was applying these. LOL! I'll have to wear SC again, and take pics this time.
Bonus pic! Here's our puppy playing at being a kitty. Littles always makes our leather furniture look so good. LOL!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback, so please share what's on your mind. For questions or requests, you can also use my Formspring.me in the sidebar. Thanks for reading!