Anyway, I liked it for a day, despite the bubbles. I really wanted to try Nihrida's decoupage technique though, and I just happened to find the perfect napkins to go over this polish, so I plunged right into it.
Learnings for next time:
- Use a lighter color for maximum impact. I liked this OK, but it was a little too subtle.
- Cut more carefully for less clean-up, i.e. rounded edges at the cuticle!
- Start with the good/thick topcoat to save layers. I think I used 3 coats of a cheap topcoat and it was still rough. Essie Trillionails saved the day with one coat on top of that.
- This is a great use for that crappy Dollar Tree "Quick Dry" topcoat that never actually dries - I used it underneath the napkin to stick it down. Worked great!
- Try a glitter topcoat - it might make some cool effects.
Thanks for reading!