Sunday, January 6, 2008

Dracul
Named in honor of Vlad III, Tepes, of the Order of the Dragon. Black musk, tobacco, fir, balsam of peru, cumin, bitter clove, crushed mint, and orange blossom.

On her
In Bottle: sharp green, lots of cedar
Wet: pungent, but pleasantly so, very woodsy
Initial Drydown (first 20 minutes): fresh, piney, masculine, hint of sweet
Lingering Drydown (after 2 hours): mostly gone after two hours :p, mellows nicely though, I think the tobacco is left
Overall Impression: very nice, reminds me of walking through a forest with mixed tree types, but mostly cedar and pine, masculine
Rating: 4

On him
In Bottle: Cedar swamp in the spring. Mint?
Wet: spicy, sage, herby, sweet like lilacs
Initial Drydown (first 20 minutes): manly, pine boughs and fresh earthy ferns in a cedar forest. Jasmine green tea
Lingering Drydown (after 2 hours): Very dry cedar, like warm shingles in summer. Dries up quickly.
Overall Impression: This makes me think Druid more than Dracula. If I were a Druid I would smell like this.
Rating: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback, so please share what's on your mind. For questions or requests, you can also use my Formspring.me in the sidebar. Thanks for reading!